Wednesday, October 18, 2006

TuQuoque hits the big time!

So I got this e-mail a while back from Loyola Press asking if they could use one of my TuQuoque articles in an upcoming book. The book turned out to be The Best of Catholic Writing - 2006. I found it rather humorous that a Protestant ("and fiercely proud of it!") author should be included in a Roman Catholic "best of" book but hey - I'll take it!

Anyway, it's been released to at least one rave review. Publishers Weekly gave it a starred review saying that "[Editor, Brian] Doyle assembles a truly "catholic" compilation . . . a true sign of the times—excerpts from Web logs ("blogs"). Kudos to Doyle for recognizing the creativity and vitality within this modern electronic medium. Catholicism, Doyle believes, should not be afraid of contemporary culture. Nor should it be afraid of a variety of perspectives. Doyle includes . . . a Thomas Aquinas–inspired spoof called "The Existence of Chuck Norris" by ordained Protestant minister Douglas Beaumont. . . ."

Woo Hoo! Anyway, TuQuoque is mentioned several times in the book so perhaps all of us will start contributing more even though we've all sort of moved on to our own BLOGS as of late.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats and looking forward to more goodies

7:07 PM  
Anonymous David Mendez said...

Woot!!! That a boy!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger davis said...

Congratulations Doug! I just ordered the book and am looking forward to seeing the mentions of tu quoque.

So how does it feel to be famous? ;)

I shall be writing some more now that the dust has settled from this hectic early portion of the semester.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Douglas Beaumont said...

I'm sorry - I am now too famous to waste my time with you people.

;)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Matthew Graham said...

What has happened to our blog?!? (Matt looks around at the tattered remains of a once great beacon of nobility and truth.) I could do a post on the Spaghetti Monster. I like that lovable monster!

7:12 PM  
Blogger JAMES DEAN said...

I am often to blogging and i really respect your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new information.advertising | advertisement | production houses in pakistan | pakistani matrimony

2:36 AM  
Blogger Best Article Websites said...

Your blog post is very unique and well research, Thanks for your research on academic knowledge.
Mobile apps for university

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home